Our very own queen of cakes and bakes, Jo Hunter, knows a thing or two about creating great tasting treats. She’s an experienced chef, having started out selling her sausage rolls and pies to...
Pie and mash is a classic British dish, enjoyed by families around the kitchen table, at football matches and in pubs across the country on Saturday afternoons. The beauty of a pie is that...
How exciting - we’ve won another award! This one makes us feel extra warm and fuzzy because it acknowledges all the hard work that went into pivoting the direction of Piglet’s Pantry during the...
The team at Piglets HQ are delighted to have been awarded 'Meal Delivery Company of the Year' by the South England Prestige Awards Panel. Whilst the results...
So, coronavirus - didn't see that one coming, and whilst we have a disaster recovery plan this didn't quite cut the mustard. We are now in week 2 of...
Back by popular demand. A fans favourite. Hearty lamb hot pot with peas. Made with fresh Welsh Lamb a Available in boxes of six from the shop now . Why not serve it with some Red Leicester mash and...
Take a moment to learn about the faces behind the thousands of products made every week in our Worthing HQ Jo - Owner and Managing Director Our very own Mrs Piglet. Responsible for literally...
Piglets Pantry are proud to have recently passed SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) We were were delighted to achieve SALSA Accreditation combined with STS in February 2020. We have worked...
Here at Piglets HQ we are proud to hold a number of awards celebrating our amazing hand filled pies and Hand rolled Sausage Rolls. We hold 34 British Pie Awards including, British Pie Award – Gold...
Root Vegetable Soup
We’re excited to share with you how you can turn your Piglet’s savoury bakes into a full and hearty, balanced winter meal. Our Winter Warmer recipes are jam-packed with goodness and the wholesome flavours that go hand in hand with some classic Piglet’s Pantry treats.
Filled to the brim with delicious seasonal veg, our root vegetable soup is the perfect nutritious, vegan-friendly, comfort food that will help you through the cold months. Combine it with one of our award-winning sausage rolls and you’ve got yourself a perfectly balanced winter lunch! It’s been created by our very own Assistant Head of Savoury, Wade, so this is a truly tried and tested recipe from one of the incredible chefs we’re privileged to have on our team.
What could be better than hunkering down on the sofa with a steaming bowl of soup and a Piglet’s savoury bake? Here are a few scrumptious Piglet’s Pantry snacks that will go perfectly with our Winter Warmer soup:
- Vegan Sausage Roll
- Winter Scotch Eggs
- Vegan Spicy Bean Roll
- Tear and Share Sausage Roll Wreath
Our root vegetable soup recipe is delicious, quick, and adaptable, just pick and choose the root vegetables that you like best. Whether you are cooking up a big pot for the whole family, or looking for something easy to freeze and keep for later, this soup is an great lunch, or light dinner option and here’s how you can make it:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 800g/1lb of root vegetables (e.g. sweet potato, potato, celery, celeriac, carrots, parsnips. Butternut squash is great too)
- 1 vegetable stock cubes with 200ml of water
- Season to taste with cracked black pepper and salt
- Bouquet garni (optional)
- Optional Garnishes: Homemade croutons, squeeze of lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh herbs or single cream
- To begin, carefully peel the vegetables.
- Dice and slice the veg so they are all a similar size (the smaller you chop, the quicker they’ll cook!)
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion until soft and golden brown.
- Next, saute the root veg in the same pan, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and continue frying for a few minutes more.
- Crumble the stock cubes in the water, add the water to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat down to a simmer and add the bouquet garni. Cook for 20 minutes or until all vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and take out the garni.
- Once off the heat, blitz the soup with a blender until it reaches your desired texture and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Voila, you have yourself some delicious root vegetable soup – the perfect accompaniment to a Piglet’s Pantry sausage roll.
We really hope you enjoy this vegetable-filled, delicious vegan recipe as much as we do. If you create our root vegetable soup, or any of our Winter Warmer recipes, don’t forget to show us on social media, by using the hashtag #mypiglets.