Remember those few hot days we had over the summer? Well, a team from Piglet’s Pantry spent those lovely July days at a beautifully-secluded Airbnb in rural Sussex – where they photographed the...
As pumpkins, broomsticks and ghostly ornaments begin to fill the shelves of our favourite retailers, now is the perfect time to kick off your preparations for the spookiest Halloween party of the...
With the summer months in full swing, what could be better than spending an afternoon tucking into a delicious basket of seasonal favourites, surrounded by the great outdoors? Now, don’t get too...
When is National Prosecco Day? Taking place on 13th August, National Prosecco Day offers the perfect opportunity to make use of the last of the summer sun. Whether it’s throwing a garden party for...
At Piglet's Pantry, we absolutely adore any reason to celebrate, and there's one particular annual occasion that holds a special place in our hearts— National Cream Tea Day. National Cream Tea Day...
Father's Day is one of our favourite days of the year here at Piglets Pantry, spent celebrating all the wonderful father figures in our lives. While common shop-bought gifts are an easy option,...
On 6th May 2023, our new King will be crowned in Westminster Abbey, London. The following Monday will see the entire country receiving an extra bank holiday, allowing the festivities to continue...
When it comes to planning an Easter egg hunt at home, there are two fundamental rules to follow - don’t be stingy… and have lots and lots of fun! Easter is a time of celebration, but being the...
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, now is the perfect time to start thinking about how you can make this the best one yet. Mums are notorious for sacrificing the tiny luxuries in life to treat...
At Piglet’s Pantry HQ, we’re busy gearing up for one of our favourite days of the year - Valentine’s Day. From as early as the 14th century, February has been celebrated as the month of romance,...
Looking for a simple vegan cookie recipe?
Whether you’re plant-based, fully vegan, or just exploring the flexitarian life, there’s no reason why you should miss out on delicious baked goods.
Here at Piglets Pantry, we are proud to offer a range of tasty handcrafted sweet and savoury baked goods for vegans and vegetarians. From cupcakes and cookies to pies and pastries, our award-winning freshly baked goods are available to order from our website, for delivery across the UK*.
We have a selection of vegan cookies, consisting of 3 raisin and oat cookies and 3 chocolate and stem ginger cookies – a perfect treat to share with friends (or keep them all for yourself – we won’t tell!).
Alternatively, if you fancy trying to bake your own, here’s how to make vegan cookies from scratch…
Vegan Oat Cookie Recipe
This simple vegan cookie recipe results in the most delicious chewy, oaty cookies studded with raisins:
Vegan Oat Cookie Recipe – Ingredients
- 100g spelt, wholemeal or plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 115g oatmeal, such as rolled oats
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g granulated or caster sugar
- 5 tbsp aquafaba
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 75g raisins (or you could try chopped dried apricots or dried cherries)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan
- Line a baking tray with baking paper – ideally, we recommend a reusable parchment
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl and then stir in the oats
- In a separate bowl, stir the melted coconut oil, both sugars, the aquafaba and vanilla extract together
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry
- Stir in the raisins until the mixture is fully combined
- Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture onto the tray, allowing 5cm of space between each cookie for spreading
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are just set. Check from about 7 minutes onwards.
- Transfer your cookies to a wire rack to cool for as long as you can resist them!
This vegan oat cookie recipe makes approximately 18 biscuits.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’re wondering how to make vegan chocolate chip cookies then look no further:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 200g dairy-free margarine
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – optional
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 200g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp soya milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Tip the margarine, both types of sugar, and the vanilla extract into a large bowl
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt and then beat everything until thoroughly combined and almost smooth
- Add the chocolate chips and soya milk. Mix again until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed through the mixture
- Use two dessert spoons to drop mounds of dough onto the lined baking trays. Make sure you allow plenty of space between each cookie, as they will spread during cooking and you (probably) don’t want one monster cookie!
- Bake for around 10 minutes, or until golden brown – we recommend checking them at around 7 minutes as oven temperatures may vary a little
- Remove your cookies from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays
This simple vegan cookie recipe makes approximately 20 biscuits.
Our vegan cupcakes
As well as offering delicious vegan cookies, we also have a more vegan goodies!.
We use the best vegan cupcake recipe to bring you a light and fluffy sponge, topped off with a generous swirl of smooth and decadent vegan buttercream frosting. Each box contains:
- 2 vegan blueberry and lemon cupcakes
- 2 vegan espresso coffee cupcakes
- 2 vegan banoffee cupcakes
Our cupcakes are beautifully decorated – they look as good as they taste.
Our gooey vegan brownies and vegan blondies
To finish off our sweet baked goods, we have a selection of retro-inspired gooey chocolate brownies and blondies. Each box contains brownies/blondies that feature classic biscuits:
- 2 caramel-y Lotus Biscoff brownies
- 2 crunchy, creamy Bourbon biscuit brownies
- 2 Jammie Dodger blondies, made with vegan white chocolate
These squidgy chocolatey treats are absolutely mouth-watering with a coffee or a steaming mug of tea. One of the best bits about our brownies is that they fit perfectly through the letterbox, so make a great treat for a sweet-toothed friend!
For amazing plant-based and vegan baked goods, think Piglets Pantry
Whether you bake your own – with a simple vegan cookie recipe – or treat yourself to our range, there’s no reason why vegans and plant-based people can’t enjoy delicious baked goods, too!
*PIGLETS PANTRY DELIVERY INFO
We deliver across mainland UK, with some exceptions for parts of Scotland. If you’re planning on placing an order for Scotland, please get in touch with email@example.com to check first.
Unfortunately we cannot currently fulfil deliveries to Ireland, the Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands or any other UK island at the moment.